Lakes Entrance Action and Development Association
Long story short
The membership of LEADA elects the committee at LEADA’s AGM. There at least 3 general member meetings a year where LEADA reports to members and draws upon their ideas for improving Lakes Entrance.
- Business & Tourism East Gippsland (BTEG),which promotes Lakes Entrance regionally
- Destination Gippsland which is setup to promote Gippsland and Lakes Entrance to the international market
- East Gippsland Marketing (EGMI). LEADA advises and collaborates on a range of projects and events that are beneficial to all businesses in Lakes Entrance.
- Lakes Entrance Visitor Information Centre which keeps members informed of important tourism related information as well as inclusion in VIC promotions and events.
When your business becomes a member of LEADA, you have the opportunity to gain a seat on the Committee of Management and participate in the decision making process for a large range of business and tourism issues Lakes Entrance faces on a daily basis.
The purpose of LEADA is to be a community representative organisation, through opinion sharing, idea development and the coordination of collective group activity to advance Lakes Entrance socially and economically whilst protecting our natural environment.
Leada will achieve its purpose through:
- Community participation
- Leadership to coordinate activity and create focus on achievable goals.
- Promotion and support of community projects
- Information Delivery
- Representation, Advocacy and Lobbying
- Development of responsible use and protection of our local environment